Our clients need to have access to voice and data communications wherever they end up on the globe. They also have limited weight and payload and need to travel as light as possible.
They also need to have suitable bandwidth to enable them to access and transmit quantities of data, which is where we can provide a suitable solution to match your requirements, in the shape of the BGAN.
We can assist you with your communications needs from the sales of equipment to the provision of cost effective air time to match your requirements.
BGAN Terminals Available
1. Hughes 9201 BGAN
The Hughes 9201 is a fully IP-compatible terminal certified for operation on Inmarsat’s BGAN global communications service. Rugged and easy to use, the 9201 enables simultaneous IP packet and circuit-switched data communications via standard USB, Ethernet, ISDN, and 802.11 WLAN interfaces. The main features are:
• 492 kbps IP data (transmit & receive)
• ISDN voice (4 kbps)
• ISDN data (64 kbps)
• Allows simultaneous use of all interfaces (Ethernet, USB, ISDN, and WLAN)
• WLAN access point
• Multi-user capability (up to 11 simultaneous sessions)
• Selectable Quality of Service (32, 64, 128, or 256 kbps)
Lightweight, easy to set up and move
Easy to set up and connect, the Hughes 9201 is built to operate in even extreme weather conditions. Multiple user support means an entire team can share a single 9201 simultaneously, providing an 802.11 broadband wireless LAN at any site. Compact and lightweight, the Hughes 9201 can be quickly moved from site to site and connects within minutes. Combined with the global coverage of Inmarsat’s BGAN service, the Hughes 9201 offers a powerful IP-compatible gateway for corporate teams to stay connected and to share critical information virtually anywhere, anytime.
Further information is available at www.hughes.com/ProductsAndTechnology/MobileSatSystemsTerminals
2. Hughes 9202 Class 2
Broadband satellite IP terminal with voice, ISDN, and built-in 802.11 Wi-Fi access point
The reliable and lightweight Hughes 9202 Land Portable Terminal boasts a compact and sleek design. A budget-friendly and highly attractive class 2 portable terminal, the Hughes 9202 is ideal for media, governments and NGOs, first responders, public safety and mobile health care workers, and remote personnel in industries such as utility, oil and gas, forestry, cable, and telecommunications.
The Hughes 9202 operates over the Inmarsat Broadband Global Area Network (BGAN) satellite service and provides high-performance connectivity and reliability for the most demanding users and extreme conditions.
Using the world’s smallest class 2 BGAN terminal, users can connect at IP broadband speeds up to 464 kbps, as well as take advantage of such features as built-in multi-user Wi-Fi access and automatic context activation (ACA), including the ability to transmit SMS messages via the integrated user interface (IUI) without a connected laptop, PDA, or other user device.
The Hughes 9202 allows the user to send and receive IP traffic via Ethernet and Wi-Fi. In parallel with the packet data service, the Hughes 9202 supports full ISDN and circuit switched voice and fax calls via a two-line RJ11 plug.
Corporate disaster planners and remote field personnel can collaborate with confidence and efficiency with various agencies and headquarters staff using video, voice, and data simultaneously. As with all Hughes BGAN models, the Hughes 9202 is IP-based, delivering selectable, dedicated Quality of Service (QoS) levels. Further information is available at www.hughes.com/ProductsAndTechnology/MobileSatSystemsTerminals
3. Explorer 300 BGAN
The Explorer 300 makes it easy to stay connected anywhere in the world. It is complete broad- band connectivity the size of a netbook.
It is ideal for single travelers who frequently change location, consisting of only one unit – a transceiver with an integrated antenna.
- The smallest terminal in the EXPLORER series. Weighs only 1.4 kg. Dimensions: 16.8 x 21.7 x 5.2 cm
- A single-user terminal: Ideal if you primarily need voice, or moderate speed standard IP internet access
- Compact: Easy to carry, simple system set-up and operation
4. Explorer 500 BGAN
The Explorer 500 is the perfect choice, when working off the beaten track, but still dependant on a reliable connection. Whether travelling alone or in smaller teams this terminal meets the need for mobile access to office resources, providing access to phone networks and internet simultaneously.
Though smaller than a standard laptop, this satellite terminal supports your need for performance and is easy to set-up and to operate.
- The most used terminal in the world of BGAN. Unmatched in deployed quantities, the EXPLORER 500 is the preferred choice to support various applications
- Powerful: The ideal combination of performance and portability. Provides simultaneous high quality voice and broadband access at speeds up to 464 kbps. It supports LAN, USB, Bluetooth and phone/fax interfaces
- Lightweight: Weighing only 1.4 kg and smaller than a standard laptop. Making it easy to carry along when travelling the world
5. Explorer 700 BGAN
The Explorer 700 provides access to the highest bandwidth available via BGAN, thereby facilitating a platform for a wide range of applications with need of high performance
Disregarding the environmental conditions, it is designed to last and with the detachable antenna, it is ideally suited for temporary camps or semi-fixed installations.
- Versatility: The flagship in the EXPLORER series provides multiple interfaces to support a wide range of applications. Ideal for video streaming applications and large file transfer and can be used by smaller workgroups sharing a temporary or semi permanent office environment
- High-speed: The fastest BGAN terminal on the market with download and upload at 492 kbps. Moreover, it supports Inmarsat’s BGAN X-Stream, on-demand streaming at +384 kbps for applications demanding outstanding performance
- Rough environments: Designed to withstand severe environmental conditions such as humidity, dust, extreme weather and changing temperatures
6. Explorer 727 BGAN
The Explorer 727 is a high-speed, vehicular broadband system. It consists of three fully integrated units – a transceiver, an IP handset and a roof mountable antenna.
Live media broadcast, defense or humanitarian operations requires communication equipment that you can always rely on. With Explorer 727 you get the most comprehensive and best in class mobile Communication hub.
High-speed broadband on-the-Move: Automatically tracks satellite positions enabling high-speed connectivity while on-the-move. Simultaneous 432 kbps data and phone calls – even at speeds in excess of 200 km/h.
Mobile Communication Hub: Place the antenna on the roof of your vehicle to turn it into a complete mobile communication hub. Provides access to the internet and phone networks instantly.
Live streaming – or store-and-forward: Facilitates both live streaming and store-and-forward and enables direct transmissions from the hot spots of the world. Utilize the highest streaming rates available on BGAN with BGAN X-Stream when the terminal is standing still (on-the-pause).